Reduction in factors involved in diabetes development, include bodyweight and insulin resistance
Chromium yeast products such as Bio-Chromium can help manage type 2 diabetes according to new research.
A new study published in the European Journal of Nutrition (June, 2018) joins the body of evidence showing how impactful chromium-yeast can be for diabetic management.
The double-blind placebo-controlled trial studied the effects of chromium-yeast supplement in the form of enriched bread. All participants were previously diagnosed with type two diabetes and were randomly assigned chromium-yeast bread or placebo bread to consume over a 12 week study length. Various parameters were measured to give an overview of how well managed the subjects diabetes was.
The results showed that chromium-yeast enhanced various areas of diabetic health, including:
- Lower levels of plasma glucose and insulin
- Lower levels of HbA1c (glycated haemoglobin), an important biomarker of diabetic controls
- Decreased insulin resistance
- Decreased bodyweight and (systolic) blood pressure
Findings of the study are available in the British Journal of Nutrition, click here
Bio Chromium supplements from Pharma Nord is the most advanced and clinically supported chromium-yeast product on the market. The organically bound form is up to 10 times more bioavailable than other chromium sources (including chromium picolinate). The well-documented product is manufactured under pharmaceutical control for unbeatable quality assurance.
Chromium contributes to normal blood glucose levels and a healthy metabolism.
1. Yanni A, Stamataki N, Konstantopoulos P, Stoupaki M, Abeliatis A, Nikolakea I et al. Controlling type-2 diabetes by inclusion of Cr-enriched yeast bread in the daily dietary pattern: a randomized clinical trial. European Journal of Nutrition. 2016;57(1):259-267.